Thursday 6 February 2014

Tasting Thai

Restaurant: Thai Dish
Country of Origin: Thailand
Location: 119 East Main St. Welland, ON


How was it?

Phenomenal.

When I first entered Thai Dish I was impressed with the décor.
Wall to wall, the restaurant was completely covered in Thai art, wooden elephants and soft acoustic music.
The ambience of the room was so warm I considered skipping dinner to meditate.

I was quickly seated with a smile and handed a menu by a friendly young waitress.

As I looked over the menu it quickly became apparent I had no idea what I was doing.

“Excuse me,” I asked, “what exactly is in the Crispy CashewNut Chicken?”
“Cashews, and chicken” she replied.
I’m not entirely sure what I was expecting with that question.

“I’ll go with that please.” I retorted.

I had never thought to combine the likes of chicken and cashew, and was quite intrigued by the idea.

The results were phenomenal.

A massive portion was brought to my table after what seemed to be a much shorter time than it should have been to create such a diverse concoction. 



It looked glorious; it smelled even better.
The sheer amount of vegetables and meat was astounding.
I've become accustomed to eating at franchise restaurants where the word “vegetable” is foreign.
To see, what appeared to be an entire onion, on my plate made me ecstatic.

The food tasted delectable.
I've never tasted anything with such diverse flavors.

Cashew nuts, carrots, jasmine rice, onion, and perfectly fried chicken; my mouth was in paradise.

I would highly recommend everyone check out this amazing local restaurant.
The only disappointment I had was that I wasn't proficient enough with chopsticks to eat as fast as my stomach wanted me too.



8 comments:

  1. We are so lucky to live in an area where culturally diverse food is so readily available. I love Thai Food, Japanese Food, Chinese Food, Vietnamese Food. You name it. Keep expanding your pallet and you will discover many more food items you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks glorious....now I am tempted to go find this restaurant and try it out!
    Great Job, Brayden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Bray, thanks for taunting me in because I am currently being held in craving submission. Safe to say I will be watching the NBA all-star game tonight with what is apparently a heaping plate of Thai food. Do not be surprised if I indulge in that very dish !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience at Thai Dish. When I first moved to St.Catharines I noticed there weren't many Thai restaurants - which was a huge let down. I will definitely make the effort to venture off to Thai Dish after hearing how much you enjoyed your Crispy Cashew Nut Chicken! P.s I know this may be a little out of the way but if you happen to find the time I recommend checking out Spoon and Fork. It is one of my all time favourite Thai restaurants. Below, I have provided you with their online menu: http://www.spoonandfork.ca/oakville.php

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about this restaurant but have yet to try it... now I definitely will! I like your writing, its both humorous and insightful. Wish I was able to go out for dinners more often...but now I know where to research where to go. Find me a kid friendly restaurant that actually serves healthy food for kids (usually the options are nuggets, burger, pizza) and I will be over the moon. Cheers! Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know we have such a great place in Welland. After your post I need to explore it more carefully! Thank you for an interesting information :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard about this place!! I've wanted to try it for so long, and this post totally convinced me. Looks like I'm taking Jessica McCann! Great post Brayden, thanks!

    ReplyDelete