Friday 21 February 2014

Return of the Burritos: The Frijoles Strike Back

Restaurant: Frijoles Fresh Mex
Country of Origin: Mexico 


How was it?

So. Damn. Good.

My first rendezvous with burritos was good, this encounter was nearly religious.

I was told about Frijoles Fresh Mex from a friend, and decided I needed to check out the small mexican themed take out for myself.

I'm very glad I did.

Both inside and out, Frijoles Fresh Mex looks very unassuming. 
It's not until you begin ordering that you realize the depth of the meal you're about to eat.

The ordering process was quick and concise. 
I was asked rapid fire questions about what ingredients I wanted in my burrito by what sounded like an amateur auctioneer. 

"White whole wheat beef  pork guacamole no guacamole hot sauce mild sauce brown frijoles red frijoles or golden...." the Busta Rhymes sound-a-like cook shot at me.

My expression must have told her I had no idea what I was doing.

"First time here? We'll take care of you," the burrito architect calmly replied.

Walking me through the order, and offering samples of anything I was unsure of, was greatly helpful and allowed me to create the perfect burrito.

The whole burrito building process took no more than three minutes, followed by a two minute grill.

The end result was like nothing I had previously experienced. 

This burrito completely blew me away; it was big, beautiful, and full of flavour. 


Because I personally chose every detail of this golden brown concoction, it was completely to my liking. 

Every ingredient was fresh, service was quick, and my meal was massive.

To recommend Frijoles Fresh Mex for Mexican take out would be an understatement. 

It should be mandatory for all Niagara Region residents to taste this food.

The only complaint I can think of is that the burrito was so large my, apparently, little lady hands wanted to cramp trying to contain all this manly meal. 

Seriously though, try this food.




9 comments:

  1. Hey Brayden, awesome blog topic. As a picky eater myself, I'm certainly looking to expand my palate. Your posts about these various restaurants that I've either never been to or never even heard of are great. Very informative and very persuasive.

    This post about the Burrito at Frijoles Fresh Mex has definitely peaked my interest. Thanks for the information and thanks for helping me decide what I'm chowin' down on for dinner tonight. FRIJOLES FRESH MEX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is all about experimenting with things....foods are a delight to the pallet and meant to be enjoyed. I have tried a lot of different foods, but never been to this take out before. I will definitely try it. Keep expanding your food choices. you will never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go there now. It looks delicious. Brayden I have to remind myself to eat something before I come to your blog because just looking and reading about all the food makes me so hungry. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah I love that you admitted you have girly hands. I want a burrito now. This is a fun post Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am assuming I am the friend who recommend this and if I am correct, you are welcome my friend. This place is literally the bees knees, the cats pajamas and meow, and just actually the best. I love all Mexican food, but this beautiful little place is a whole nother level of fantastic. I'm glad you tried it out, and I obviously want a burrito now so I have to go get one tonight! Good stuff Brayden, awesome blog all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am way too excited to try this place out. I love Burritos and all Mexican food in general. Thanks for the recommendation, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. Brayden. You have inspired me to try this place out! It sounds amazing!! I love how descriptive you are. Ps...stay strong about your hands haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone who lives in the Niagara Region I could not agree more that Frijoles should be experienced by everyone at least once. The restaurant looks a little on the unappealing side from the outside but once you experience their burrito magic there is no turning back!

    Dinner tonight? Burritos! Thanks for the dinner inspiration Brayden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mexican food and I'm so excited that there's somewhere this good, so close. It's hard to find a place that makes your food exactly as you want it, quickly. I'll definitely be trying it out!

    ReplyDelete